Pages

Sunday, October 15, 2017

The Leafs are in Montreal



Ahh the joy of waking up in a foreign city ... well not really foreign but they do speak French here . So I guess it's not foreign but yeah whatever . You get the jist . Time for some java juice so we hiked it to the closest Tim Hortons to get coffee and bagels . Now I know you are all thinking , why is he going for a bagel there when Montreal is famous for its bagels ?? Well I do want a nice warm St.Viateur bagel but it's quite the walk so I will settle for this and only because I like the herb & garlic cream cheese . I put my order in and paid then they told me they are out of herb & garlic cream cheese :0 OMG the world is ending . No it isn't ... just gimme my money back . Yeah I don't care for their bagels with butter or something else on it so I opted for my money back . Wasn't gonna let this get under my skin . Kept my cool went back to hotel and got ready to go watch Aston Villa at the pub/bar . 


The bar just down the road is called MVP Sports so you figure they could show the match but I'm not sure if the game is on tv or if we have to use a subscription to watch it . These are the pains of cheering for a team in the Championship ... I know some of you don't like the footie ... boo to you :) we got to the bar and it was on ??? Really !! So we got a table , I ordered a pork souvlaki which was really really good and large portions . I was very happy and then Villa lost and back in the dumps . Funny how sports does that to us crazy sports fanatics . Hopefully my Leafs don't disappoint tonight because it will sting like a gunshot if we lose . I really honestly hate the Montreal Canadiens with all my heart . Not a bandwagon jumper and never will cheer for them even if they are the last Canadian team in the playoffs . I don't get those people . Either you are a leafs fan or not ... no in between crap like some losers I know . (You know who you are) so if you are ever in Montreal looking to watch a random sporting event check this place out !!! Staff were friendly and the food and atmosphere are good too . 



Needed to walk off this food so we headed down to Old Montreal to wander around . So many tourists and honestly not much too see aside from cobble stone roads and tourist shops . Basically a tourist trap . Don't bother if you're here unless it's just to go for a walk somewhere lol . Maybe it's just me but I've been there and done that before . Back to the hotel , rest up a bit and get ready to make the hike to the Bell Centre to watch my Leafs stomp the dirty Habs . Gonna wear my Leafs jersey with pride and I don't care if anyone wants to chirp or scrap ... even told Kathleen that , she said she'd leave if I got into a fight hahaha ! 



Heard a few chirps on the way to the rink but mostly other Leafs fans saying Go Leafs ! So no scraps :( who doesn't like a good scrap eh ? Lol ! Ok ok I'm not here for that but I'm on high alert heading into enemy territory . When we finally got to our seats we had only concrete behind us which was good because now I can't get spit on or kicked in the head , don't laugh I've been here before and I've see fights in the stands . Our fans don't love each other ! The kid beside me was a dirty little Habs fan and he kept giving me stink eye until the usher came and told them they were in the wrong seat . Bye suckers ! The two guys that replaced them were dirty Habs fans also ... when they scored these two turds made sure I knew . They would hit this metal board with their fists to make this loud noise ... the metal plate was on the concrete wall behind me and I didn't like it when they scored . When we scored I would just stand up and clap my hands but as both teams scored it got more excitable . Before the first intermission I found out an old high school buddy was in the stands too so we met at the bar for intermission both times . John Douldouras it was honestly amazing seeing you buddy ,let's make sure it's not another 20 years before we raise a glass together ok 😌!


When it got to OT I had fists clenched with excitement and terror . Did I mention it's been a few years since the leafs beat this team . Yeah big game ! You can only imagine what happened when Austin Matthews scored the winner . I turned around and started banging that same metal sheet and the two turds beside me angrily left . I put it right in their faces WOOO ! Guess they didn't like it hahaha . Leaving the Bell Centre was awesome seeing all these dirty Habs fans with their heads down hahaha ! Time to race back to the hotel to meet Adil El Farj from the Moroccan National Team . Yes ice hockey , this guy is one of my closest hockey buddies on the planet . He's always here to make sure I have a great time in Montreal and is a great ambassador for Morocco ! We went for a bite to eat , tried to get into Lafayette first but it was just closed :( we opted to go to Jarrys which is equally awesome . I drool thinking about smoked meat mmmm .... Montreal has some hella good food and I don't think I could stay in shape if I lived here hahaha .... now and m craving more smoked meat ! So yeah it was really good but unfortunately I am feeling a bit under the weather ... sneezing and coughing :( had to say no to an even later night out . Sorry Adil .... but it was great seeing you and we will see you later on Sunday buddy . 

Tonight I'm on the ice here in Laval . Can't wait . 



No comments:

Post a Comment