Pages

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Just My Luck



Before I go on about getting on the piss and such I have to mention that I've neglected a good mate over here by the name of Stu Wilson . Fantastic lad and world class boxer ? Hahaha ! It has come to my attention over the last few days that I haven't mentioned him in my posts so here you go mate :) UTV ! Now back to why you are all wondering about my luck .....

 

Gonna have to backtrack for this a bit though .... two nights ago when I was out at the pub with Scott Sanders and Andi Tanzer on his last night over I happened to have a mishap that I though wouldn't come into play , but it did when a pint full of beer fell into my lap courtesy of Mr. Sanders :) well I have another pair and when I woke up in the morning I will just put them on and put others in wash . Put my other pants on and the zipper broke .... so I have to wear my damp beer soaked jeans . Life goes on yeah . So I make my way to meet Kidderminster Lions on train to go to London to watch Aston Villa play at Craven Cottage vs Fulham . This is the first ground I visited coming over here a few years back so it was something I wanted to revisit as I lost Rainer the last time and that day was absolutely mental . 

 

When I got to the train I had to wait for a specific train and I was told to jump on the first train at the front so I did but no one was there ? Wtf ? Did I get on the wrong train ? Ummm ok , so I call Paul Harris and it took a couple stops but I found them in a car further down .... I was nervous for a minute lol ! We had a few tins on the ride over and it was a nice trip until the cows disrupted our trip ... yes cows on the track stopped us for almost 45 minutes . That's cutting into pub time . When we got off at Marleybone we rushed over to the first pub which is the same place we first met all those years ago , I think it was 6 years ago or so . I grabbed a burger and gobbled it and met up with Luke Connolly who is a fellow Toronto Lion after chugging a few pints we carried on to a pub closer to the ground . It was hot and stuffy in the underground and a lot warmer then I thought it would be . Probably didn't need a jacket lol ! 

 

We bumped into another fella that has been visiting the Toronto Lions over past few years ,Paul Ansell ! Big fella was having a good one :) we decided to walk to the grounds and it was a nice walk through London . Really nice day out and having a great time , then the game started and we went down 1-0 and our striker Jonathan Kodjia gets a straight red card for something I really don't understand but that is never a good thing . Jack Grealish scored one of the nicest goals I have seen in person then it all fell to shit .... I'm not having a good run here having now seen two 3-1 losses in the same friggin weekend . Thought the pants was my bad luck right ? Really hoping we stomp out Small Heath on the weekend coming or I might get deported and banned hahaha . :( 

 

As usual it was such a fantastic day out with the Kidderminster Lions and really that's what draws me back all the time . There isn't a finer group of people to get on the piss with ! Love em' all to bits . After the match we went for another quick pint before catching the train and it was my round so I bought 4 drinks and someone didn't show up to the pub ? Somehow one Mr. Pete Aston got sidetracked and went elsewhere . That lonely and apparently shitty pint is still waiting for you there . Pub was called The Alsop and I'm surprised Craig wasn't there to give me another big kiss hahaha but yeah the pints were shite :( I'm sure Pecks was the worst though ..... 

 

Train ride back was fun and we had a few laughs on the way back but we all were tired . My buddy Luke took a different train but we met at Moor St and met his dad who gave me a ride out to Karl's place in Smethwick where I am now staying alone at for the next couple days . Had a great conversation with them both and when I got there I was starved so I wanted to order a pizza so I found a place Luke said had great pizza and called it but they wanted post code . For some reason punching in an address here is too hard . Post code always needed !!! Ok so had to hang up find stupid post code and call back , when I called back my phone ran out of usage ? Yeah 4 days in and I'm out of data and minutes ... wtf ! So I try topping up and they don't accept my credit or debit card . Wtf wtf wtf !!! Just my luck :( 

Got on wifi here so I used JustEats for my first time and it all worked out and I ended up with my shitty pizza :) like I said before .... just my luck ....

No comments:

Post a Comment