Pages

Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas Day in NYC


Who doesn't like waking up on Christmas morning and opening gifts ? I am lucky to have an amazing person like Kathleen in my life because she brought gifts with her for me . I was lucky enough to open two gifts :) first I gave her the gift I bought here for her .... A selfie stick :) she mentioned she wanted one a few times in the last couple weeks ! Then I opened my gifts ... I got a new pair of fancy socks with planes on them and the new A Tribe Called Quest cd ! When we get home I will have to give her the other gift I bought her . 


We went for breakfast at George's again since it's so close and was pretty good then we started to plan our day . Originally I wanted to go skate at that rink in Central Park but then I realized how much it was !!! I think they wanted like $40 USD for the 2 of us ??? So instead I looked to see if there were any rinks closer to us and there was this little rink right on the Hudson River called Brookfield Place which wasn't as expensive ao we went over . It wasn't rammed or crazy busy and it was good enough o give Kathleen some more practise :) she really is getting better and I will have to continue helping her over the rest of the winter . We stayed at the rink for about 45 mins then headed back to the Holiday Inn to get washed up ... I was sweaty :) 


One of our new traditions lately is to go watch a movie on Christmas and the last 2 years now we have been lucky to go watch Star Wars movies ! Lat year I passed out watching The Force Awakens in Birmingham, England and yesterday I stayed awake to watch all of Rogue One . I am not gonna ruin the plot , don't worry :) but let me say that I loved it . It's hard for me to not like anything that has to do with Star Wars but I did not love watching it in 3D . The glasses hurt my face and my eyes and that will probably be the last time I ever go to watch a 3D movie . Waste of time and cash . 


We then went for our Christmas Dinner at Katz's Deli . It is an iconic place to eat in NYC and if you like a good deli then this is the place to be . We had to wait half an hour before being seated but we were expecting that . When we were seated we found out that this place ain't cheap but nothing is in NYC . We wanted pastrami sandwiches and yeah .... They were $20 USD each and that comes with nothing , just the bread with meat on it ! That makes this the most expensive sandwich that I personally have ever had , no joke !!! Have you ever had a sandwich that cost this much ? It seems to be the norm here that a decent meal will cost the 2 of us more then $60 and we have burned through our funds like a hot knife through butter but we knew what we were getting into . Now don't get me wrong , the sandwich made me drool it was so good and I would do it again but I have to let you and everyone else know that it is not cheap . As I've said the last few days , nothing is cheap here but this is what you get when you come to NYC . So if you ever decide to visit which I will do again and again make sure to bring a pocket full of cash :) 


I hope you all had a great day like I did and most of all I hope you all had the Merriest of Christmas' . Ho Ho Ho ;) 






No comments:

Post a Comment