Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Back in The Big Apple


What a day I/we had yesterday . It's not just about me in case you didn't know 😀 we took a taxi to the airport yesterday as Uber is becoming more of a scam with their hiked up prices . An Uber to airport was same cost as taxi .... It is becoming more and more redundant to use their service .... I'm sure most can agree . When we got to the airport the machine checking me in couldn't process my check in so I was sent to the 1 hour lineup . Gotta love those automated machines that never work for me . I think it's because it reads my name as Adriana instead of Adrian A. as my middle name is on my passport . When we finally checked out bags we wen through American customs and believe it or not , it was dead ? Yeah no joke ... We walked straight through with no lineups ? It makes no sense at all but I'm not complaining ! 


The flight seemed to have left late but was on time when we landed . I watched the first half of Suicide Squad and will watch the other half on the way home so don't ruin it for me ok :) when we arrived at LaGuardia Airport we jumped into another taxi and made our way to the Holiday Inn in the financial district . Right near where the World Trade Center used to be :( we dropped our bags and walked over to check it out . I have done the 911 memorial and I don't think I can handle that again to be honest and the last time I was here with Kathleen it was just a giant hole .... She was pleasantly surprised to see what they have done here. I noticed that there is a church being built here at what was once called ground zero . It's good to see progress . New York is a resilient city and I love it for that . 


Time to eat . I spotted a place from our 38th floor window called Bills Bar & Burger which was intriguing since it had 2 things I wanted in its name . Yeah I could go for a pint and a burgers , so we ended up there and the food was awesome , the service was fantastic and the cost was high but this is New York and nothing is cheap here . $9 USD for a pint of Brooklyn IPA ... That is like $12 CDN ... I had 2 pints , gobbled my food and we were off to Brooklyn to watch the New York Islanders play the Buffalo Sabres . 


It was Ralph Macchio bobblehead night. We got 2 of them lol ! He is a super fan that can't skate or play hockey , he said so himself at the beginning of the game which we got to via transit , did I mention how amazing transit is here? $3 gets you anywhere !!! Don't get me started about how shit transit is in Toronto ! We got o the Barclays Center a bit early and I was really happy to find tins of this Brooklyn IPA at the rink and yes it wasn't cheaper .... $12 USD for a large tin . I had 3 or 4 as I do when I'm out and about , no I wasn't too drunk but I was feeling good . Kathleen had a couple vodka crans which kept her smiling and we watched a game full of goals with the kinda home team Islanders winning 5-1 . It was fun talking with some local fans about the good ol days when they were a dynasty and we talked about players that played for both the Isles and Leafs .... That Jason Blake guy ??? What a bad signing that was eh lol ! 


After the game we got back on the subway and got lost . Funny thing is everyone that got off that same stop were also lost . The subway system here is crazy but in a good way . Between the people lost at this random station we figured where to go and found our way back to the Holiday Inn YAY ! We were hungry but not starved so we walked over to a local pizzeria called Pomodoro which was pretty friggin good . We gobbled it and next thing you know I was sleeping .... I slept great ! At least one of us did 😜








No comments:

Post a Comment