Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

I'm back !


Before I start this I admit sometimes I get a bit carried away when I'm writing but I still have no regrets . It's been a while since I've had anything to write about as I've been focused on paying off the debt I accumulated last year .... These things happen when you fund your own trips and go overboard . Heck this is my vacation right ... I should go all out right ? Hahaha debts paid , I have a clean slate and my credit card is in my wallet snug and happy . That being said I am gonna try to keep it reasonable . 

It took a while to get back to an airport and jump on a plane , my last flight was coming home at the end of January . Honestly I don't remember the last time I waited 9 months to travel . Yes it has been quite some time but now I'm back and I'm gonna try to keep you my reader(s) entertained .... So far nothing crazy has happened .... 

Started today in Toronto , got in an uber with a super talkative driver which doesn't bother me but it is the polar opposite of taxi drivers that don't speak at all . No big deal , got to terminal 1 at Pearson with no problems and then got to the check in desk and things got a bit dicey when the agent told me my bag was overweight . Yes I know it is but its only goalie equipment which I called I. To let the airline know I was carrying .... I really did my best to butter up the agent even said I have a bag in my bag with gear I could carry on .... She said that bag was too big ???? This is a first is what I told her and she said how is that possible and I let her know that I have that bag pre packed and waiting to be carried on because I've done this before , many times . She said it was impossible but I am sure she believed me ... It made her ponder and look and look again at her screen and finally she said listen , there isn't anything that says I should charge you for overweight and finally she let me go .... PHEW !!! It would have cost me an extra $100 but thankfully that wasn't the case and I can gladly spend that $100 in a pub tomorrow lol ! 


Not sure if I mentioned that my first flight has me sitting here in the land of the dirty Habs ! You know the team with a toilet seat as a logo ;) great city but man I hate that friggin team . Did you guess I'm in Montreal ? Wish I could go out and see Adil or Vince ... Almost seems strange that I'm here not seeing them . Oh well :( I guess I will just sit and wait here for my next flight which takes me to Zurich . On the flight here I fell asleep as we were delayed a bit .... Pretty sure I was snoring , loud ! Woke up with dry mouth hahaha . Got to start watching the last X-Men flick on the flight and hopefully I can finish it before I fall asleep on way to Zurich . These are the little things that make The Travelling Goalie happy ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment