Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 9 : Saunas and Shithawks


On the road again , i just can't wait to get on the road again LOL! So i skipped a couple days but will catch up to them in the future ....waking up in Frankfurt earlier than Rainer , we are at a shitty hostel across the road from Frankfurts train station. We got to sleep in a room with 10 guys , my luck had me sleeping on the top bunk with the loudest snorer beneath me ....good vibrations!

Went downstairs to get online, i have this young Japanese dude sit across from me and we begin to share travelling stories, this guy is travelling around the world for 7 months on a round the world flight, pretty cool ...somehow he thought i was a professional hockey player and asked me for my autograph so i signed my first autograph HAHAHA..Rainer wakes up and tells me we most go , Frankfurt-Hahn airport is nowhere close to Frankfurt it is about 1 hour drive out of Frankfurt! Arriving on time ( for once ) we get onto our plane and off to Tampere, Finland !

Upon arrival in Tampere we are picked up by our amazing Finnish host Petri . Just like everywhere else i have landed i have a beer waiting in the car for me and oblige graciously ....never seen this beer before but it was good apparently it is Bear Beer . We drive and pick up another friend that we now call Moosa ( marko)  and we are off to Petri's house , let the party start ! Petri's brother Kalle shows up with our Czech friend Petr who flew here as a surprise for Petri's birthday party , warm up the sauna the party is about to get out of control .

Let me tell ya you can't be in Finland without having a sauna ! And the party seems to surround the sauna at this time , warmed up on vodka we jump into a taxi to see the nightlife in Valkeakoski ( not sure if i spelled it right ) apparently it is supposed to be dead but somehow we find a disco and debauchery continues .Crazy points in the evening include people asking us why we are all wearing matching red shirts ....they were an idea we came up with in Tachov ( as everything is cheap there ) we made Rainman Allstars shirts with our names numbers and a Kackvogel picture on the back , Petr brought them to Finland with him and i have not taken it off since . Also had some crazy chick telling me i was bad for no reason while eating a kebob late at night , don't ask why cause to this moment i have no clue .

Today is Saturday i think ???? It is Petris big party and i have to shake off this hangover , bread, cheese and meat are on the table ...sauna is warming up . I love Finland !

2 comments:

  1. Now I know why people love Finland so much! Your description made me want to book a flight and go there and have my own wonderful experience. I heard so many things about their saunas, and as a huge fan of saunas, I love to try it! A sauna, wonderful lakes, and delicious Finnish food? I'm sure I couldn't ask for more! Anyway, it's been 2 years how's your stay?

    ------>>> Lucy Eury

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finland is all about saunas , beer , hockey and thrash music :) great country with great people . if i ever have the chance i would go back !

    ReplyDelete